Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Why convert?

I find Conversion of faith very offensive.

I know this will not fit well with religious people, but i have a point that i would like to put forward to religious persons. What is the purpose of converting others? I raise this question because the other day a lady and a gentle man knocked my door and asked me to convert to ''Jevohawitness'' there by joining their Church! In my eyes they looked like sales persons selling their faith. Why this desperation, will they know they offend me with this question, apparently they will not. Me at my best behavior told them that I am a person who will respect everyone and to me all gods are equal and the same. In fact, I have the same respect for an atheist, just like any other person from any other faith. I am a staunch believer that ''there-is-no-god'' is also a faith and needs to be respected. People do not understand that, and want to force others to follow what or whom they believe is god. You don't draw someone else's faith, don't try to introduce your god to someone else. Each and every person is different and there is a need for everyone  to connect to their creator in their way, what ever way it is. Just like how our practical experiences makes us strong,  similarly people should undergo spiritual experience  to make them spiritually strong.  Don't try to dictate others faith that is simply not your business! People who are religiously conservatives are the most unhappy souls, IMHO. They simply fail to appreciate the social diversity around them and wants to impose monotonous idiosyncrasy!

Selling your faith to a destitute soul is the cheapest thing you can do ever.   I have also seen people help the economically, financially deprived people and in turn they ask them to change faith? How is that okay ? Helping should come from with in, not because some book says so. The last thing you want to do is insult someone in the name of help and trade faith. A lot of converts in Africa still live a sedimentary lives, still struggling for a square meal and yes, still die of hunger! just changing their name to Ismael or Ester has not changed their living conditions. I wish missionaries learn to show empathy without refering to a book when it comes to fellow humans.. after all love is all we need!

No comments:

Post a Comment