Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm Important!




Okay I am peeved.

I called my maternal aunt in India to talk to her. Honestly, I really did not have anything important to speak. Just wanted to chitchat. My cousin picked up the call in 2 rings and did not even say ‘’hello’’ and started acting weird, she was so faking when she said she couldn’t hear me. She was trying to pass the phone to her brother, who refused to talk to me. I heard my aunt whisper. She told her daughter to tell me that she is in the rest room, a hopeless excuse for avoiding me. My cousin instead of conveying it to me, she coldly hung up on me adding salt to the injury.  I get it Aunt!!

This one incident triggered all the bad memories. I recall those persons who were mean and cold. Like my sister–in-law. I am sure many women can relate to what I am saying. She was cold and even had the audacity to tell me that my husband made a mistake by marrying me. She believes I ruined her best pal’s life. Her best pal had a crush on my husband, and it was staged in such a way that everyone in the house kind of approved her. However, my husband was in love with me and wanted to marry only me. He had no such intentions for that poor girl. From the day I got married to till this date she simply hates me. In fact her marriage is fixed, and it is secluded for this Nov, and she has not even bothered to inform me. She simply do not talk to me. Also, she makes it a point that my MIL fights with me now and then. Then my co-sister, the coldest of all, she did not even bothered to share the good news with us. She is pregnant and came to know about it through MIL. I still went ahead to congratulate the first-time mom-to-be she did not even acknowledge and snapped me instead. I still tried to keep in touch with her thru’ e-mails and calls, to my loss I never heard from her. That was the end of the sisterhood.

Next, I have decided to take measures that will prevent me from facing such cold situations in future. The lesson that I have learnt today is for the rest of my life. I will ensure that I will no longer call my aunt. If she has something important to convey, she will find a way to reach me; I have absolutely no business with her. I know I am sounding harsh, but it is always good to maintain a safe distance with people who do not understand you. And that is exactly what I am heading for.  I’ve a policy where people who hurt me with acrid comments and with their indifference, I forgive them and forget them once for all. 

I know I am being very critical about myself, but somewhere I do believe that I should not associate with anything or anyone who makes it a point to demean me.  I should treat the people depending on how they treat me. What goes around comes around. Period. Myself esteem is more important to me than appeasing another person. And I honestly do believe that I am as good as the next person.  Besides, I do not ill treat anyone; my friends’ circle stands as a testimony.

Honestly, I do need to address the problem without further delay. I am impulsive and this my weakness. I need to find an activity that will keep me busy so that I do not have wonder my mind around. Anyway, the whole experience has made me realize that I am important and how I am being treated does matters to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment