Friday, March 4, 2011

No cussings, please!

Gandhi's famous 3 monkeys depicted his words, ''SEE NO EVIL, SPEAK NO EVIL & HEAR NO EVIL''. Gandhi is so right as ever. I realized it first hand. I was on you tube, searching for a video under relaxing music. That is when i stumbled up on this video , after a 30 second (loud) commercial, the video started playing the song, of course it was very soothing to both my mind and soul. I was working on a different tab, so could not pay attention to the contents of the video. When i was done with my work, i went back to the youtube page, and to my sweet surprise the video contents were from India, south India. Munnar is one of the most beautiful places in India, i have visited this place once and i am still totally in love with it! Almost at the end of the of the video, i was checking viewers comments.. most of it were positive. However, one comment left me with a bad taste... it was like one bullet fired in the air would scare away all the birds from a tree. All my peace, the joy flew away by what i read... the comment was not obnoxious, it was not even all that offensive, it read ''Fuck the commercial scared me...I was waiting for calm stuff. '' What i did not like in that comment was the usage of the word ''FUCK''. listening to such wonderful music and then reading it spoiled everything for me. The word is evil, and people should unlearn it from using it in their conversations. ''Fuck'', ''you're so gay'', ''that is so gay'' are not the words to be used for showing frustrations. The later two words are very offensive to the gay community.

I have decided that no matter what, I am never going to use such words, ever again. We all need to come up with innovative ways to show our frustrations and that should not result in profanity. If we have a point to make, we better learn to put it across without using ''cuss'' as fillers!! I am a staunch believer that if we eliminate the cussing from our every day conversation, we can successfully channel our creative energy.  The ultimate goal in ones life should be being happy. Being happy, or having a cheerful disposition comes with a lot of discipline, not the military style.  Being cognizant of our actions, time and place, will leads us to happy-ville!  Otherwise we will end-up dwelling in this place like a like a mosquito on a stagnant dirty water. What we do in between our birth and death is very important. It is extremly important that we watch-out our actions and the words. I am going to make a conscious efforts of not cussing, will you too??

No comments:

Post a Comment